Thursday, June 3, 2010

Let love be your highest goal. (1 Corinthians 14:1 )

Repost from my inbox ... Thanks to Andriy ge ge ... :) 

 

The Only Key To Happiness. (Everything Else Is Fake.)

          I have an announcement to make: God wants you to be happy. In fact, I believe God has already lined up the right blessings, the right miracles, and the right people to bless your life.
Especially the right people.
Why right people?
Because God wants you to be happy by having happy relationships.
       He really only has one strategy to make you happy. He has no backup plan in case it fails. It’s through happy relationships or bust.
       If you don’t have happy relationships, you’ll never be happy.
       No matter how rich you are.
       No matter how religious you are.
       No matter how much you achieve in life.
       No matter how beautiful you are.
       No matter how intelligent you get.
       At the end of the day, your life is all about relationships.
In other words, your life is all about love.
That’s why the greatest commandments are about love.
Because He wants you to be happy.
Listen To Older People
When John Izzo interviewed 235 older people, he found out that their most common regret is not taking enough risks. 
But what was the most painful regret?
Failure in relationships. 
When I talk to older people, I’ve heard this same regret too.
“I didn’t spend enough time with my family.”
“I didn’t put people before things.”
“I didn’t express my love.”
“I didn’t apologize and repair a broken relationship.”
Our most painful regret is that we didn’t love enough.
That’s why the Bible says, Let love be your highest goal. (1 Corinthians 14:1) More than anything else, love must be our most important dream.
Often, Dying Men Are Wise Men
       One day, I visited a doctor who was battling with cancer.
       His own doctors told he had six months to live.
       When I saw him, he had all the signs of success: Big house, big cars, big job…
       But he told me something that struck me deeply.
       He said, “Brother Bo, please pray for me. I’m in pain. But the physical pain I experience is nothing compared to the hurt in my heart…”
       He wept for a long time.
He finally blurted it out, “Bo, my kids don’t even want to visit me.”
       I was shocked. “Why?” I asked.
       “I can’t blame them. My children and I never had a good relationship. When they were growing up, I didn’t have time for them. I was so busy with my job. I’d go home impatient. I blew my top often.  When I was angry, I couldn’t control my mouth. So I’ve said nasty things to my children that I wish I never said. Sadly, I can’t take back my words.”
       He kept sobbing.
I prayed for him.
       We were alone in his room. And it seemed like he was going to die alone.
       I couldn’t help comparing this scene with the last years of my father. He was always surrounded by his kids and grandkids. Everyday, we were there with him.
       Friend, how do you want to die?
       You determine that by what you prioritize today.
      
Why The Kings Of Israel Failed
I found something interesting in the Bible.
In the span of 300 years, Israel had 43 Kings. You know some of them: King Saul, King David, King Solomon, etc…
       But out of 42 Kings, only 8 were considered “good” Kings. 
That’s pretty sad.
       That means 34 kings were spiritually bankrupt.
       Why?
       Here’s the crux of the problem: Fathers were busy building their kingdoms, they had no time to build their sons.
Like anywhere else in the world, Kings passed their throne to their sons. Usually, a bad King begets another bad King.
       And that’s the same problem today.
       Fathers don’t have time for their sons. And daughters.
       Fathers aren’t leading their families to God. 
Fathers aren’t mentoring their children. 


Jakarta, 03 Juni 2010
_rosita_

No comments:

Post a Comment